Tuesday, December 21, 2010

It's a new life

Ok, time to almost tell everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!

Also time to let everyone know we have a little addition to our family.


Here's Vin at 15 weeks.


Vin was born on 28th August 2010 at 3:58 am.

The first half of my pregnancy was horrible. I have never been as sick in my life. The following 20 weeks went better. The 3 weeks before Vin was born were horrible... AGAIN!!! Meaning, on 6th August 2010 I stopped working, thinking Vin would arrive on 17th August. Nevertheless, at the end of every doctor appointment we heard the same news: "No, it's not going to be for today. You may come back next week." Argh! It was hot outside and Erwin had taken vacation as well and I was growing bigger by the minute! We were on vacation so to speak, but you can't go and do active things with someone about to deliver :-). So to say the least, those 3 weeks before Vin arrived seemed VERY LONG! We saw about every movie at the theater that we wanted to see. Finally, on 26th August 2010, I went to the hospital to be induced the very next morning at 5 am. "Only" 23 hours later our little precious was born! Looking at him now and seeing him smile and make funny noises makes me forget those long hours. Heck, I might even want to go through it all again (just once though!! ).

In a few day's time it's going to be his very first Christmas and New Year! Time sure does fly!

I am back at work since 13th December, THE busiest time of the year!! It's like I never was 4 months at home...

Merry Christmas everyone!!!


- Kimberley

No comments: